Apprenticeship warehouse logistics specialist (m/f/d)
What does a warehouse logistics specialist (m/f/d) do at Berthold Vollers GmbH?
As a warehouse logistics specialist you will learn how one of the most traded goods in the world - green coffee - is stored. You will accompany coffee and cocoa beans as well as tea and general cargo on their way into and out of the warehouse.
Where do you do your apprenticeship?
Berthold Vollers GmbH, as part of the Vollers Group, is a traditional, owner-managed logistics company. From coffee to cocoa, tea to metal - as an experienced logistics company, we use digital technologies to transport and store our customers' goods and raw materials at twelve locations in eight European countries. Responsibility, professionalism and independence are always the focus of our services. We reliably handle our customers' goods, transport, declare, store or refine them and deliver them again on time. Our digital products as software solutions complement and expand the range of services for our customers.
What you will learn with us
- Getting to know different transport and storage options
- Storage of our products coffee, tea, cocoa, general cargo (herbs / spices)
- Checking goods for quality and quantity
- Work with large and small machines as well as various types of industrial trucks
- Control of storage and onward transport
- Picking of goods
- Loading and shipping of goods to our customers
- Processing of freight documents
- Passing through all relevant operating sites with their individual areas of responsibility
What you bring with you
- At least a good secondary school diploma
- Interest in logistical processes
- Good understanding of numbers
- Enjoy physical fitness for working in the warehouse
- Enjoy working outside in the fresh air (weather resistance)
- Manual dexterity
- Spatial imagination
- Independence and interest in learning
- Team player
What we can offer you
Our compensation is in line with the market and performance-based.
We offer you 8,33% holiday payment of your yearly salary.
We sweeten the Christmas season by paying you a Christmas bonus.
In cooperation with EGYM Wellpass we offer corporate fitness for our employees.
Mobility for employees - we offer bicycle leasing of eBikes for our employees.
We cover the cost of the "Deutschlandticket" - so you stay mobile and can use public transport in Germany for free.
On our own e-learning platform you will find exciting modules on different topics.
If everything fits between us, we will give you a permanent position after your training
We offer you an exam preparation course at the "Akademie Hamburger Verkehrswirtschaft".
We offer our employees a monthly allowance for capital-forming benefits and thus support this subsidised form of saving.
Work directly on the Weser in Bremen's Überseestadt with good transport connections for cars and public transport (tram 2, 3, 5, bus 20).
Please fill in the form to apply directly to us. We will contact you shortly.