Training as a professional driver with a focus on freight transport (m/f/d)
What does a professional driver (m/f/d) with a focus on freight transport do at Berthold Vollers GmbH?
As a professional driver (m/f/d) you learn to carry out your work independently on the basis of technical documents and work orders. You plan and coordinate your work, coordinate with others, especially with our customers and the upstream and downstream areas in transport and warehouse / production. With us, you will learn how one of the world's most traded commodities - green coffee - is stored and transported, and you will accompany coffee and cocoa beans as well as tea on their way into the warehouse and out again to our customers.
Where do you do your apprenticeship?
Berthold Vollers GmbH, as part of the Vollers Group, is a traditional, owner-managed logistics company. From coffee to cocoa, tea to metal - as an experienced logistics company, we use digital technologies to transport and store our customers' goods and raw materials at twelve locations in eight European countries. Responsibility, professionalism and independence are always the focus of our services. We reliably handle our customers' goods, transport, declare, store or refine them and deliver them again on time. Our digital products as software solutions complement and expand the range of services for our customers.
What you will learn with us
- Getting to know different transport options
- Driving goods transport vehicles safely on public roads, taking into account economic and environmental aspects (securing loads, etc.)
- Checking, maintenance and care of the vehicles
- Checking the freight documents to be carried
- Quality assurance measures
- Taking measures to eliminate faults on vehicles
- Acting appropriately in the event of incidents and accidents
What you need
- A good secondary school leaving certificate / extended secondary school leaving certificate or intermediate school leaving certificate
- Interest in logistical processes
- Good understanding of numbers
- Enjoy working outside in the fresh air (weather resistance)
- Technical interest and skill in handling commercial vehicles
- Spatial imagination
- Independence and interest in learning
- Open and friendly demeanor to represent our company as a driver to the outside world with customers
- Class B driving license
- German language skills in word and writing
What we can offer you
Our compensation is in line with the market and performance-based.
We offer you 8,33% holiday payment of your yearly salary.
We sweeten the Christmas season by paying you a Christmas bonus.
In cooperation with EGYM Wellpass we offer corporate fitness for our employees.
Mobility for employees - we offer bicycle leasing of eBikes for our employees.
We cover the cost of the "Deutschlandticket" - so you stay mobile and can use public transport in Germany for free.
We offer our employees a monthly allowance for capital-forming benefits and thus support this subsidised form of saving.
On our own e-learning platform you will find exciting modules on different topics.
If everything fits between us, we will give you a permanent position after your training
Work directly on the Weser in Bremen's Überseestadt with good transport connections for cars and public transport (tram 2, 3, 5, bus 20).
We offer you an exam preparation course at the "Akademie Hamburger Verkehrswirtschaft".
Please fill in the form to apply directly to us. We will contact you shortly.